Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentines Day


Everyone knows Valentines day is a day for lovers. Some think of it as "Singles Awareness Day". Thankfully, it isn't singles awareness day for me anymore! I can't count the valentines days I've spent alone and single; yes there are that many. I can however count the last two I've spent alone V-day of 2010 Bryce was in Afghanistan and V-day of 2009 he was just getting used to being stationed at Camp Pendleton, but he sent me a beautiful diamond heart necklace that I stupidly left in a former friends vehicle and when I went to get it back from her, it was in "storage" Yea right. In someone elses jewelry case maybe. I have no doubt in my mind she sold it for drugs, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

This year however, I had my beautiful babygirl and hubs! He left for work as usual and I went about my day as usual. I started getting ready for our dinner around 430 and just waited for him to get him. He came home around 6 ish with pink roses and balloons :].. I had originally planned to take Brailey to my friend Kyleann's house, but since it was so late and Brailey was still sleeping, Bryce told me just to leave her here that she would be fine with Lamotte. He's been good with her ever since we've let him stay here and even before then so I figured sure why not we won't be gone that long. So off we set, going to the steakhouse I really wanted to go to.

We get halfway there (it's only 5 min from home) and my tummy starts rumbling... I thought oh god here we go please not on valentines day! ( I have irritable bowl syndrome) After driving around for ten minutes trying to find a place to park and no success we drive down the street, no parking. So we decided to try to park one last time. By then I was tired, grumpy, hurting and hungry. SUCCESS, people were ACTUALLY leaving!! We walk in the restaurant hoping to find a table, but alas, it's a reservations only place. Great. The attending hostess tells us we can go downstairs to the bar and see if there is an open table down there. There wasn't.  So she tells us they won't have any openings until 9. It's only 620ish. Unhappily I tell my husband I want to leave I'm not waiting 2 1/2 hours.

So we decide to try downtown Carlsbad. We didn't see anything either of us wanted to go to. After all it was valentines day and I wanted steak. He offers a Crab shack I say no. He points out italian I say NO again. Then he points out mexican. Let's not even go there. By now I was in such horrible pain it felt like I was having another baby. Literally. This isn't fun stuff. So by then I was so fed up and ready to go home. We start to head towards home and he offers taco bell. I had to bite my tongue. He says we can go to outback; I say no, he hates that place. He says it's fine he'll just order something different. So off we go to outback.

The place was completely packed, it was rediculous. Out of the 5trillion restaurants here all of them seemed to be overflowing. I was upset and snapping at him, I shouldn't have, he was trying. In one last effort I point out a restaurant that had caught my eye a few times seeing as I always see it driving home. Q restaurant sports bar & grill. I got out of the car bracing myself for a fight over a table. We walked in and it was so laid back, the waiters were even chillin at tables and waddya know, there are empty tables! I guess people didn't expect a Sports bar to suit there V-day needs, but let me tell you that is the best steak I've ever had and it wasn't little like most expensive steaks. I'd happily go back and drop 20 more dollars on a steak.

Belly full and happy hearts, we head home! By this time my belly starts turning again.. Oh boy. I was so excited to get home and see my baby she'd been on my mind all night. I get out of the car and I hear my baby crying. Apparently he couldn't handle her whining and put her in her crib to cry it out. Mind you, I let her cry it out sometimes too, but that only happens when she's ready for a nap, not after she just got up from one! I was one unhappy momma. Needless to say I'll suck it up and wake her butt up to take her to Kyle's house next time. All in all, it was a pretty good Valentines day!

No comments:

Post a Comment